Top Posts & Pages
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Location: Flappers Comedy Club in Burbank
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Time: 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Tired of seeing my collection of alcohol collecting on top of a chopping board cart, I decided it was time to acquire a liquor cabinet. That decision led to me scouring Craigslist like a furniture fiend. I was determined to find a deal! And what a deal I found.
I finally came across a piece that was originally from World Market, Pier One Imports, or something like that. It was in my perfect matching decor of dark brown and the perfect size. It was listed for $50 but I got it for $25. This occurred for 2 reasons…1) the girl was deeply in the middle of moving out of her residence and needed to liquidate quickly 2) she hadn’t even used the piece in this new apartment because in her last move she taped the doors down which stripped the finish (as you can see in the pics below). As I debated with her about taking on a DIY project the price dropped. 🙂
First I removed all the hardware. Then, I covered the glass with printer paper (make do with what you have) so that the paint would not get on the glass. Next, I sanded down the areas where the tape was (in the above pictures) to smooth it out. Then I painted the entire piece with RUST-OLEUM Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover in Satin dark walnut.
The final result was fabulous. I am so happy I found the perfect piece. It was easy and fun to rehab and it makes me proud every time I look at it. What do you think?
ps. Since the rehab I have already put a nick on the bottom right drawer :-(. I’ll fix it as soon as I find the time. C’est la vie!
A lot of people have been asking me for editing software suggestions. So once I saw this Groupon I knew I had to share it.
Groupon has the Nero 11 Multimedia Software available at a great price. It was recommended to me by a very knowledgeable computer whiz. There is only 1 day left to get this deal for $25.00, normally $99.99.
Jump on it people. I am 🙂
(Originally posted 10/8/12)
I’ve been under the weather and haven’t posted in a while. I’ve missed you but I’m back and feeling better! And what other way to come back than with a GIVEAWAY?
If you saw this video post KILLER WHALE… watching, you know how much fun I had on my whale watching daily deal. Soooo, the generous people at Harbor Breeze Cruises (www.2seeWhales.com) have gifted me passes for a lucky person to experience the same fun.
PRIZE: One lucky winner will be given 2 tickets for you and a guest to go on a whale watching cruise from Long Beach, CA, (package worth $90). A naturalist from the Aquarium of the Pacific narrates the tour, which also offers chances to spot dolphins, sea lions and other marine life. Watch my video KILLER WHALE…watching to see what it’s all about.
I apologize for this being a local deal but ANYONE may enter, even international readers. The passes are good until April 30, 2013 so if you are thinking of visiting Los Angeles or want to gift them to someone who is, there is plenty of time to redeem. Otherwise, if you won’t be able to use them, please be considerate and do not enter.
The RULES to enter are simple. Complete the tasks below using the Rafflecopter form. Task #1 & #2 are mandatory. Each task is worth a different number of entries. Completing the additional tasks give you more entries which means a greater chance to win. Results will be tallied using the Rafflecopter form which is the only way to enter. The winner will be randomly selected from all entries.
1) You MUST share the giveaway link either on Facebook or on Twitter with the title “DailyDealn.com GIVEAWAY”. You MUST include the hashtag #WhaleWatchingDDGIVEAWAY in the share. Tell me where you shared the link (Facebook or Twitter) in a comment on this giveaway post when you leave your answer to the mandatory question in #2 below. I will be checking :-). (2 entries)
2) Answer the question: View my daily deals below and tell me which one, a/b/c, is your favorite and why? Leave your answer on this giveaway post and don’t forget to tell me where you shared the giveaway link. a) KILLER WHALE…watching b) Recession Diamonds c) Los Angeles’ POP’s. (3 entries)
Additional optional entries:
3) Share the giveaway link on FACEBOOK with the title “DailyDealn.com GIVEAWAY”. You MUST include the hashtag #WhaleWatchingDDGIVEAWAY in the share. Please leave a comment on this giveaway post stating you shared on FACEBOOK. (1 entry, once per day only)
4) Share the giveaway link on TWITTER with the title “DailyDealn.com GIVEAWAY”. You MUST include the hashtag #WhaleWatchingDDGIVEAWAY in the share. Please leave a comment on this giveaway post stating you shared on TWITTER. (1 entry, once per day only)
5) Share the giveaway link on your blog with the title “DailyDealn.com GIVEAWAY’. You MUST include the hashtag #WhaleWatchingDDGIVEAWAY in the share. (2 entries, once per day only)
6) “LIKE” the Daily Deal’n Facebook page. (2 entries)
7) “FOLLOW” the DailyDealn.com blog. (2 entries)
8) “FOLLOW” @MsCourtneyBlack on Twitter (2 entries)
Winner will be announced within 72 hours after completion of giveaway (10/29/12) so make sure to check back. If I do not hear from the winner in 5 days a new winner will be drawn. Don’t forget that ALL task entries must go through the Rafflecopter form. I don’t have enough fingers to count the number of entries :-).
Thanks again to the wonderful people at Harbor Breeze Cruises.
Stay in touch as there will be many more giveaways to come. Thanks to everyone in advance and Good Luck! Happy whale watching!